Sunday, February 19, 2006

Lazy Sunday - 19 Feb @ 1210

Lazing on a Sunday afternoon...

Had a big day yesterday, Henry bowled 2 consecutive 81s in his league games yesterday and his team rolled a high score of 475 with the 183 team handicap (one of his teammates rolled a raw 128! Way to go Mat!). Here are some photos:






Henry












Mathew















Elizabeth






Together they make up the Mad Strikers. They have fun together and his teammates are great kids, really nice.

Henry and I then spent the remainder of the day @ the Cascade Bicycle Club Bike Expo. We watched the trials riders (Henry finagled an invitation to Fluidride to try out one of the beginner trials bikes) a couple of times and then a couple of BMX exhibitions. Henry was mesmerized throughout. Ran into a friend Michael @ one of the exhibit booths for Axley glasses and it was good to see him. Now both Henry and I are a bit stoked to get on our bikes but the weather has been too cold for any windchill addition. We were @ the bike show from just after 11 until 6 last night and had a great time.

Read the paper and now that I'm home, I feel like I need to be doing stuff but I also need a plain old lazy day. Henry took Butch for a walk for over an hour today and we'll go together later this afternoon. Still feeling pretty lazy but need to get moving and finish the laundry and clean the kitchen.

Strangley enough, since I've been back from England I am craving Thai food. I ate Thai more than any other and now I feel like I need it every day. I had been going through an Asian food stage before I left where I am craving Asian every day but now it is more specific, I want Thai curries especially the jungle curry I had the last night in London. Packed w/ veggies and w/o coconut milk as most Thai curries, this stuff was spicy and good. Called kaeng par but I'm having trouble finding a recipe or mention of it on the internet other than to say it's spicy and w/o coconut milk ( I know that!). I'll need to experiment. I did find the large Thai aubergines fresh @ Whole Foods but need to try and find a Thai grocery for the Thai pea aubergines, these were totally new to me and although they look like a large English pea, they are hard skinned and POP when you bite them. I thought they were just raw English peas when I first encountered them in the UK but they are something else entirely and really good. I saw them listed in every rendition of green curry I saw in England.

signing off for now...

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner