Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Last night in London - 14 Feb 1815

Well, here it is. I just stopped @ Lush to get the last of my obligations (they have products in the UK they dn't have in the US). Almost forgot as I haven't seen one in a while but I left Dave and Steph @ Leiscester Square and they're off for a nice Valentine's evening. They have tickets to The Mousetrap, the show has been running in the same theatre for 54 years now. Had I known the history, I might have gone earlier in the week but I'm ready for an early night tonight. I went out to lifet a couple with the UK manager last night and didn't get in until late again. I'm very nearly packed as I woke up early today and frankly I'm so excited about going home I got packed before going to the office today.

We had a great day, said goodbye to the team and toured 4 stores with last year's district manager of the year. His stores are all central London and all very busy with many challenges but they always make them work. Good to meet some of the field partners as well adn listen to what they have to say, both the positive and the negative as they speak of their experiences using our group. We're taking back quite a lot of information.

I walked up to Covent Garden and went through the Lush there, apparently it is "the Lush" so I've been to ground zero for you Lushies out there. Now I'm about halfway back to the tube and decided to update one last time from here before going home. I think I'll stop and get a curry and then spend some quality time with the Olympics.

This is a brilliant city and now that I'm leaving I look forward to coming back. If it weren't already so darned expensive, I might think about the 2012 Olympics but I can't even fathom how much it will be then.

Signing off for now...next update from Edmonds

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner