Thursday, February 16, 2006

Back home again - 16 Feb 0630

Here it is early Thursday morning. Suffering from a bit of jet lag; passed out before 2100 last night and woke up @ about 0350 this am (converted to London time, that would have been asleep just before 0500 on 16 Feb after getting up @ 0800 on 15 Feb with a lot of travel in between and then getting up just before noon on 16 Feb) so yesterday was a long day. I did sleep for a fitful couple hours on the plane just to make it that long but didn't want to over do so I could go to sleep early last night to start recovery ASAP.

Last night I made it home too late to pick up Butch from the kennel sadly and finally was able to pick up Henry from his Mom's house just before 1800. I went for the big hug and it was terrific to see him smiling so wide as I drove into the driveway, we were both very excited to be reunited. Henry too was quite sad that we didn't have Butch for our family homecoming and wept a bit but he'll be fine. I was able to get Henry a coule shirts while away; a Harley Davidson from a London dealer with a great logo of waving Union Jacks and saying "London, England" in big letters, a tshirt from the Chelsea football club ( we were right by the stadium as you might recall rethinking earlier posts) and a Scotland t-shirt; all were happily received.

We didn't have much food and I was tired so we went out to the Mexican place a block away and then came home for a bit of talk and cuddling up in front of the TV.

Today I'm to spend as a chaperone on a trip for Henry's class @ the Seattle Children's museum. A day of that and a Tylenol PM and tomorrow I should be back on schedule.

Since I'm up, I've been catching up on some work email from the past couple days, man there has been a lot of traffic. I'm in the office tomorrow and then taking a weeks holiday to spend w/ Henry. Might try to get a snowboarding lesson in if the finances will tolerate it.

Here are some of the photos of the trip running chronologically:

The river Thames from near our hotel


The massive Queens Street staion in Glasgow

The railway bridge over the Firth of Forth


The British Museum

Big Ben and the House of Parliament through the rainy capsule high on the London Eye

The London Eye from the corner of Waterloo station

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner