Thursday, September 08, 2005

Today is a Good Day

I'm proud to say my company has committed to a 5 million dollars over the next 5 years donation to the long term relief efforts of the Red Cross following hurricane Katrina. I like working for a company that put the care and well being of our employees immediate needs first as well as sending water and coffee for all of those affected by the devastating loss as soon as it happened but it makes me even more proud to work for a company that can then make a thoughtful decision to send an enduring donation to be used by the Red Cross as the area and these people work to rebuild.
I am sad I will never see the New Orleans of before but I know that with assistance such as this we can one day see and visit a new New Orleans with the hope that is is rebuilt with the same spirit as before.
In reading the letters to the editor in the Seattle Times today, it seems quite a number of people believe as I do that it is unconscionable of the Boeing Machinists to be going on strike not only after they have helped the company lose it's #1 aeronautical sales ranking to Airbus (a French company, by the way) but also that while many people have lost everything these people see fit to complain about offers of more money and benefits over the next 3 years as not good enough. I feel bad these people might actually have to buy their undies at Target instead of Nordstrom like the common folk but in the face of the disaster in the gulf states, I find it repugnant.

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner