Thursday, September 15, 2005

Happy Thursday

I've been off the keys for a few days but I'll catch you all up.

Henry is here and we have been having a good time this past couple days. He ate well tonight and is busy putting together a birthday gift from Gene (Thanks Gene!), a Lego monster truck. He's pretty concentrated and working very hard. He knows he'll be back at his Mom's the next few days so he is working to finish it tonight but I don't think that'll happen.
I'm busying myself with a glass of 03 Broadley Estate and I must say it's mighty fine juice. I have a large Turley order to go in tomorrow, didn't get it all sold but most. Too expensive even for many of the high rollers I have on the distribution. Coffaro should be coming soon so I'm happy about that but I only get 3 bottles this time around. Life is hard. Looking forward to more Broadley after turkey day. Tonight was grilled chicken breast with a drizzle of Mama Lil's kick butt oil and marinated cannellinni beans left over from the neighborhood potluck on Sunday. What a great party!
Henry and I attended the block party and he had a great time with the kids from the 'hood and I met a bunch of the people that I've missed along the way over the past couple years so it was a great success.
Tried a new hangout up by the zoo called El Chupacabra with Gene and Lenard Tuesday and they make a fine Patron margarita. I thought it was a bar but it is really a restaurant and Henry has been asking if he can go and it is now good to know he can, in fact he was disappointed he didn't get to go Tuesday as he likes my friends. We got some dinner and then topped off the evening @ a little Italian place that Lenard knows (he was the first customer through the door when they opened so he's a bit of a celebrity) for an aperitif and I am now in love with the bartender Amy, she pours a fine cocktail and looks good while doing it. Now I have to go back and try to food, it looks great. Chef Don came out and asked us to taste a couople of wines he has recently blended in Eastern Washington to serve as the new house reds. Both were very good but we unanimously picked the smoother blend even though the other was a bit more acidic and tannic more like a supertuscan or a Chianti classico. Check out the menu here http://www.volterrarestaurant.com/
Henry is really enjoying school and the difference so far this year even after just a couple weeks is astounding. His friend Brandon was moved to another classroom and both he and Henry are very upset but I think it is for the best especially seeing the immediate change in Henry's attitude towards school. The boys still get to see each other at circle and during lunch and recess but for most of the day they are separated and I think that will end up being better for them both. They feed off each other and are a big distraction plus Henry came home last year many days saying things like "we hate this" or "we hate that" and when asked who we is, he always said "me and Brandon". Now already he talks about his day more and what "I" did rather than the "we" that was so prevalent. He has other friends and he is starting to talk about them more as well. He stayed at after care yesterday for a play date and while he was disappointed his friend Logan went home early, he made a new friend Spencer. He likes getting to go to aftercare once or twice a week and it allows me a bit more freedom for work or errands for a nominal price. It's a great program and like a playdate for him. He was ready to hit the hay by 8:30 last night and that's a bit earlier than usual so it wears him out as well.
Signing out now so,

Have fun and go nuts

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner