Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sunday Evening 10 September 06

Greetings Fair Readers,


Here I am viewing the world from my home office. I just wrapped up some stuff for our happy UK team members that I committed to having on their desks prior to their arrival Monday am so it's time for a bit of catching up and then some relaxation.

Although this was not a Henry weekend for me, his Mom generously allowed him to stay with me for some extra time as he has been with her for the past couple weeks and weekends so we had us some fun. The annual Edmonds auto show, Hot Autumn Nites, was this weekend so we had big doing's just around the corner from the house between that and the Saturday market both taking place. Henry, Kristin and I walked the car show on Saturday morning and saw some fine vintage steel, both stock and rods. There were even a few beater vintage rides for sale if anyone was interested in picking up a hobby piece but not being mechanically inclined and not really any more of a fan than to say "nice ride", I didn't walk with a new albatross, I have plenty about my neck already.

Salmon has been inexpensive lately so I have been enjoying wild caught Alaska silvers a lot lately. One night grilled with some Mama Lil's pureed w/ frsh garlic & white balsamic to make a sauce. The next night, again grilled with blackberrys pushed through a sieve and some whole butter to tighten it up. Some grilled yukon golds & sauteed carrots rounded out the meal with a bit of Eyrie 2001 reserve pinot. I did have to wonder what the poor people were doing for sustenance.

School started this past week after the holiday and Henry enjoyed seeing his friends and hooking up on a daily basis once again. He has made good friends with some kids within walking distance to our house and a few short minutes from his Mom's house so he has been socializing well this summer but he seems to already be back in the routine. There is a new teacher that joined his center's team, Mr. Stee and Henry likes him so far. He still has the same home room teacher, Mary Ellin and of that we're very glad but this will be the last year in this center then off to another group of 4th, 5th & 6th graders all together again as it has been these past couple and this year.

As always with the beginning of the school year, it's been hectic but we've managed to keep up. I got the house semi-clean this past week, still made it to the gym 3 times and even got Butch out for a long walk one evening so at least we're still on track.

I have been asked for some inside photos of the house so I'll add a couple and then sign off. I'll do my best to update this once a week or so going forward even if it's short or just a couple photos. Just double click on any of these to enlarge

All the best, J & H




Living room & dining area from the office



















Two more views of the living room










The kitchen from the dining area doorway













And from the back door to the back yard and our alley parking. The door on the right is the laundry room

1 comment:

Scott said...

That photo will scare young children! you need to put a warning on it!

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner