Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sunday 30 March 08; 2045

Hi All,

Henry is safe and sound having arrived in Washington D.C yesterday with his Mum and grandparents. He let me know that the first this he had planned for this morning was to hit the indoor pool at the hotel and then on to the Lincoln Memorial so I'm sure it will be a fun filled few days, they take the train up to NYC next Saturday and then more fun before they come home on 4/09. I am a bit envious having never been to D.C. and although I've been to Manhattan it was only for the day and he is going now for the 2nd time and gets to spend a few days there. Envious yes but excited for the wee fellow nonetheless.

Today I went down to the Ballard neighborhood just North of downtown by about 5 or 10 mins and went to the farmer's market and loaded up on some dried porcini and matsutake mushrooms, tasted what could very well be the finest cheese I've ever had (Mt Townsend Creamery Seastack) so bought a crottin of that and some braising greens then walked around the downtown area of the neighborhood, grabbed a couple slices of puttanesca pizza and wandered about some more. It'd a neighborhood I'm considering when I next move. Closer to work and the downtown life and still close enough to fetch Henry from school and feel a bit more of the urbanite. I feel like I'm headed through a bit of a mid-life crisis and I think what may help get me out of it is to get out of the suburbs and get back to the city where there is some life and excitement; I'm getting pretty tired of the "normal" middle aged lifestyle and all the trappings that come with...

I am headed out to a show tomorrow night; X, a seminal punk rock band out of Los Angeles in the 70s. I first saw them in SLC with my friend Bruce in the early 80s and I'm really looking FW to the show tomorrow night. Although I'm feeling very young going out on a school night, I do know my 48 year old limitations and I took Tuesday off since I know I can't stay up all night and make it to work anymore like the old days; no more all nighters for me...

The garden is still going great, the veggies are doing well. My cherry tree is about to burst with blossoms, too bad it's not of the fruiting variety but my plum trees will follow closely and once again I'll be up to my arse in Italian plums and with the local blackberries I'll once again be livin' large for free and I can't wait!

Not much more for now, I'll try and take some photos tomorrow while I'm overindulging in PBRs and Wild Turkey, WHOO HOO! so look for that :)

Bim salah bim

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner