Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday 24 February, 2008 @ 20:20

Greetings!

It's been a good week although eventful and busy. Layoffs at work, planting cool weather crops and a big Saturday with Henry.

Work is busy and a strange vibe has been going on since the layoff notice earlier this week. A couple of all hands meetings, communications from the executive committee and lots of friends asking about my current job status. All is well as my department was largely unaffected and there really wasn't that much of a reduction in the workforce here but more of a freeze on any hiring and the news that we would not be filling many jobs that had previously been out and advertised to be filled are now off the market. Not to worry, we'll all just keep on working and do our best to contribute where we can to turn things around and return to where we intended to be all along; at the top.

I went out with friends on Friday after work and ended up drinking too much. I have to remember I'm not in "shape" to do that lately with January being dry and even since then my intake moderately quite a bit. As I thought back I still had only had about a beer and a half and one bottle of wine since Feb 1 and there I was Friday dumping lots of beer in me along with a couple large glasses of Jagermeister (which I can blame on no one but myself as I order the first round to those :). I ended up with a big head yesterday and that was what disappointed me more than anything else as I had a big day planned with Henry and there I was hungover. Ah well, I lived through it and managed to keep my illness hidden for the most part but I did take a bit of a nap before we went out last night.

Saturday began with bowling as usual and Henry's team took 4 of 4 possible league points so they did very well and all individually bowled above their averages so all 4 kids were really happy. Henry and I went to the annual bike swap and it was underwhelming and we ended up leaving without anything new or finding anything we felt we couldn't live without. The annual bike expo where all the local and national vendors will be onsite with all the latest in new gear and news is in two weeks so that will be a vastly different event. We came home and planted chard, bok choy and carrots as well as getting some flowers planted and potted my kitchen herbs before taking a bit of a rest and heading back downtown to a rock music show at a local club. It was an all ages show so it was Henry's first show where everyone stands and watches the bands in a big cavernous space and he got to experience how loud these big touring bands get in these old warehouses. The show was The Hives and opened by The Donnas and he liked it and had a good time but wasn't really ready for a headliner band that didn't start until after 10:30. We only made about 35 minutes before he asked if we could leave because he was sooo tired. I definitely understand as 3 hours of standing around on a hard concrete floor it's definitely easy to tire out. We have some other shows we'll try and take in as I am all about encouraging him to experience all the music I can get him in front of but the next few we should have seats for.

It's been a pretty lazy day, got up late and got my bread baked for the week, cleaned up a bit around the house and finished the wash so we have clean clothes for the next while and now it's time to get ready to hit the hay. I'm not looking FW to work tomorrow as I've been feeling a bit off again all day but at this point I'm attributing it to a funky schedule the past couple of nights.

Not much more on the news front so I'll bid you all adieu and I'll do my best to keep the updates coming as boring as they've been lately. With Spring I'm hoping life will get to be a bit more exciting so I should have more news around the pike...

Hasta and don't forget to subscribe :)

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner