Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday 01 May @ 1718

Greetings Fair Readers,

It's been some time since my last update and since I rceived another from a friend (you know who you are, Scott), I figured it was time for another.

I had a root canal today and it hurts. I think it is time for alcohol and some sort of narcotic but since all I have is the alcohol, I guess it's alcohol and tylenol. It is very windy outside but still avery sunny day here in the PNW. This portends some sort of weather coming on usually and since the weather man is saying we should have some falling moisture tomorrow am, this seems to be right about on time.
Took Butch to the vet today as he has been feeling poorly as well and apparently he has a scratch on his eye. This was done during a fight with the neighbor's German Shepard last week during a block party. Some sort of territory thing although most of the time these dogs get along OK, this time Butch wandered into the neighbor's house and that touched it off. Rolf drew some blood on Butch but Butch got his licks in as well and Roldf slunk away to nurse his bruised ego, I don't think he had ever had another dog stand up to him before and Butch rang his bell quite well short of opening any wounds.
Spring has finally come to the PNW and I have to cut the lawn twice a week now to keep up as usual here is sunny Edmonds. The flowers are peeking out, the lilacs in the yard are in full bloom and the exeter azalea in my front yard is stunning.

I am barely keeping up with the growth of the yard at this time but I have killed a great many weedies with my trusty sprayer and the assistance of Ortho, Bayer and Roundup.
Last Thursday was Bring a Child to Work Day and once again Henry accompanied me to work for the day. He started out a bit slow and cranky but we finished the day well and then attended a farewell luncheon for a co-worker that has gone on to manage a B&B on Orcas Island he just purchased.
April has been pretty good to us all in all and we are sure ready for some Summertime. Henry is heading to New York City with his Mother on 5/16 to attend his Auntie Jenna's graduation. He seems somewhat excited but when asked what he wants to do while there, he asked "Is there a Target?". I was thinking they should try to get on the Emeril Live show since his first word was "BAM" afterall.

Above - Planting and decorating coffee trees

Left - A travel mug decorated in coffee stamps

Henry broke his arm falling out of a tree early in the month and had the cast on until the evening of 4/27. He's good to go now although he was none too happy to have to wear the splint for the weekend so the Dr and I suggested we put another cast on so he shaped up.

Off to find something soft for dinner and watch Anthony (Scott, I can't believe you just found this show). For the rest of you, check this out - http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/bourdain/bourdain.html
Bye for now

No comments:

 

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner